Hello! Panic, Inc., a software developer for Mac, iPhone, and iPad is seeking an Office Manager at our 15-employee headquarters in Portland, OR. A rare, non-technical Panic job!
Candidate must already live in the Portland area, and be able to start immediately. Our office is located downtown, across from Powell’s Books. This is a full-time position.
Typical job duties include:
- Being on-site weekdays from 9 AM – 6 PM to answer / screen phone calls, take messages, and receive deliveries and visitors
- Answering general support emails, helping users get up and running, and forwarding technical questions when necessary
- Handling voicemails and, somehow, faxes
- Writing checks and paying bills immediately
- Coordinating occasional social and corporate events such as company dinners, talks, conferences
- Recording company meetings
- @answering non-technical queries via Twitter
- Responding to credit card disputes and refunds
- Following up with purchase orders for payment (accounts receivable)
- Providing price quotes for companies interested in volume purchases
- Maintaining office calendar (who’s in/out, any upcoming special events, birthdays)
- Scanning receipts and verifying purchase data
- Keeping the dishwasher sane
- Welcoming guests & making travel reservations
- Unexpected Cabel Tasks and miscellaneous errands
Technical knowledge beyond email and word processing is a definite plus, as is a sense of humor and easy-going attitude. We’d love someone who has a fondness for our products and technology in general. But being organized and reliable is critical.
In addition to base salary, Panic offers:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage after 90 days
- Bi-annual profit-sharing bonuses
- SEP IRA retirement plan contributions after first year
- Flexible vacation policy
- Reasonable, life-compatible hours
- Convenient central Downtown location
- Free TriMet passes and bike storage
- A very beautiful and inspiring office, we think
Candidates of every race, gender, nationality, age, and orientation are encouraged to apply.
E-mail your resume to us, (UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thanks!) and tell us about yourself. If we’re interested, we will send you additional details and possibly schedule an interview. While we won’t be able to write back to everyone, we really thank you for your interest!